With the current market conditions in Calgary, there are some things sellers can do to make sure their listing sells in a timely manner, and stays ahead of the competition.
- Put some time and elbow grease into fixups: refresh the paint, make sure the yard looks well kept, take out personal items and photographs, etc. Help potential buyers fall in love with your home.
- Consider home staging: Staging can also help your home appeal to a wider range of buyers, staging can be done with rental items or even just consulting with a professional who can help move and place your own items.
- Price competitively: Everyone wants top dollar, but with so many listings currently supplying the market, small distinctions in price can make the difference between no showings at all and multiple offers. I will help you determine the value and estimate a likely sale price as part of our home marketing plan.
- Be open to showings, and be clear about showing limitations: If you have small children or pets at home, some showing times may be inconvenient. Let me know prior to listing what these times are and I will write them into the MLS listing, if a showing request comes through, do your best to accommodate your potential buyer.
- Allow me to host Open Houses: Sometimes open houses seem softer to potential home buyers than booking a showing. I’ve heard many stories where people happen to pop into an open house and end up buying!
- Let me help: I’m here with you every step of the way, so no matter how big or small the issue, let me know.